Thursday 17 January 2013

"I Want to Write You" doesn't sound TOO creepy, does it?

It's 12:15 am and I need to go to bed. But someone on the interwebs was being adorable, and in my quest to blog more, I decided to tell people about it. Behold: 1st World Problems at Forever 21.



Now, at first glance, she is obviously wearing some slightly odd makeup (making the static pic for the video kinda look like it's meant to be a parody) and has a lot of extra money to burn. But don't be prejudiced. Like I said, she's adorable. And she does have problems--they just aren't money-related.

It must be a sign of my writerly thinking that the first thing I thought when I finished watching was that this is how you write a down-to-earth rich girl, and I think really that's why I'm posting this. I feel bad for her, the way the staff at Forever 21 treated her was horrible, and she's obviously pretty upset, but the thing is that she as a character (person! I mean person!) is also very very interesting. She's doing a haul vid, she's one of those people who literally says literally, like, 6 times in one video. Both of these are typical traits of people I don't normally watch. But at the same time she makes off-hand references and wry little comments on what she's talking about, she's interesting when she talks... and, basically, she's a down-to-earth rich girl. And did I mention she was adorable?

It must be true, what they say about all writers being vampires. Now I want to write a character like her into my next story, and then give the real girl a hug, because in terms of awful customer service, that's right up (down?) there. Yeah, first world problems are still problems. grav3yardgirl and I are aware.

Afterthought: Ironically, John 3:16 is on the bottom of that  shopping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment