Wednesday 16 January 2013

Another Day, Another Retool

Hi guys!

As you will note, I have moved from borntostrangesights.wordpress.com.

Why? Because I don't like the lack of privacy provided by Gravatar (which you can't seem to get rid of in Wordpress) and I don't want to force the people who read my blog to have to use/attempt to circumvent a commenting system that I don't want to use myself. Gravatar is skeezy and has no privacy. (So, by the way, is Disqus.) Google, while less functional as a platform, has a 'don't be evil' policy which extends to the way they put their comments in place. I find that attractive.

Why is my name now Liz Craye? Because it is, that's why. ;) I want a fresh start. I know it pretty much goes without saying, but please don't use my real names/other fake names here.

Unfortunately all comments were lost in the import, so I guess your brilliant insights will be lost forever (it is a shame about the 2012 Australia Day post because there were some real winners in that one.I might make the effort to manually put those comments up).

Anyway, welcome to the new version of my blog. I'm working on some good content for it.

Lots of love and cookies,

'Liz'

No comments:

Post a Comment